Omokoroa Point School

The Best Little School in the Bay

07 548 0748

Office open from 8.00am to 2.30pm

Update: Week 1 of Level 3

Hello all Parents/Caregivers, 

I just wanted to update you all on a few things. 

Firstly, I’m pretty sure that most of you know me, as I’ve been hanging around OPS for a while now, but let me tell you a little bit about myself. I’ve been teaching for 16 years in the Primary School sector and have had many different roles within different schools. I’ve taught at Otumoetai Intermediate, Brookfield Primary, Tauranga Primary and schools in London as well. Prior to that, I was an Early Childhood Educator. 

We have lived in Omokoroa for 12 years and I’ve got two children at OPS. My daughter, Imogen, is in Rm 12 and my son, Marcel, is in Room 7. Lucky him, he gets to have his mum as his teacher this year!

Just to keep you updated on the situation at school at this present time, we had an on site meeting today (today is a Teacher Only Day). Vicki Knell went over our Health & Safety Policy in regards to Level 3 at OPS eg social distancing, sanitising etc and I’m going to be teaching at school this Friday and next Wednesday with the children whose parents need them to be at school. 

I will also be continuing on with the home learning by making sure that new activities are added to Seesaw, Education Perfect and Mathletics and Mrs Warren has got activities on Google Classroom. If the students are able to practice their times tables, read a book, do a bit of writing eg write me an email, write a recipe or a list of instructions for a task, or write a story that contains a given list of words, then that would be great. Just do what you can manage as a family. 

I’m also going to be in Room 7 at times over the course of level 3, getting it ready for when the students can return to school in level 2. I’m really looking forward to being back in the classroom with all of your awesome kids. 

Let me know if you need any teaching ideas etc or if I can help you at all. 
See you soon, 
Vanessa Hodgson